Following a workshop activity which took place in May in Dublin, the report summarises delegates' input on opportunities, barriers and useful support.
In a nutshell, the main conclusions are:
- From engaging in Horizon Europe, SSH researchers can gain funding, prestige, expansion of networks and opportunity for impact.
- Social science and arts & humanities should not be understood as a monolith.
- Reliable partners are a huge resource. Being included in networks might be challenging for newcomers.
- Early career researchers can benefit from participation in Horizon Europe projects. However, provisions for their inclusion and career-development are not explicitly required nor rewarded by the funder.
- There are considerable differences among institutions in terms of in-house, opportunities for peer-learning, expertise, capacities and contractual conditions